i. Data: Includes information that you submit to the website, and information that is accessed by Symbo pursuant to your visit to the Website. Data whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified:
(a) From that data;
(b) from that data and other information to which the organization has or is likely to have access;
ii. Cookies: a small file placed on your computer by this Website when you either visit, or use certain features of, the Website. A cookie generally allows the website to “remember” your actions or preference for a certain period of time.
iii. Data Protection Laws: Governed by applicable laws relating to the processing of personal data including General Data Protection Regulation, 2016 and Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 under the Information Technology Act, 2000 and other allied laws, rules and regulations, as may be amended from time to time.
2. How Do We Collect Data:
The data we collect varies depending upon nature of our services. Symbo generally collects the data in the following ways:
- Visit our website or request a Demo;
- Apply for a position at Symbo;
- Engage with us over social media;
- Register with or use any of our website or application.
3. Information We Automatically Collect:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation and includes your IP address and the way you use and interact with its content.
- Our web servers or affiliates who provide analytics and performance enhancement services collect IP addresses, operating system details, browsing details, device details and language settings. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information. Symbo uses this information to measure the site usage, improve content and to ensure safety and security, as well enhance performance of the Website.
- We may collect your Data automatically via Cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser.
4. Our Use of Data
- Policy issuance and servicing
We will use or disclose your personal data for any purpose relevant to the administration and servicing of your policy. This includes, without limitation, policy issuance, underwriting, administration, servicing, payments and claims.
Personal data may also be used for the purposes of identifying you as a prospective or existing customer, and the products and services which you or your organisation require.
- Symbo’s affiliates and product partnerships
If we contact partner companies to operate on our behalf, we will disclose your personal information to them for their processing in relation to your purchase and/or for servicing. The use of this information will be limited to the purposes authorised by Symbo in relation to your purchase.
- Information related to your employment
If you apply for career opportunities and/or employment positions offered by Symbo, personal data may be collected via the application form on this Website.
We may use and disclose such information on a case by case basis for background checks and evaluation of your qualifications. We may also disclose your information to other employees of Symbo and our related companies for the consideration of your application.
- Policy issuance and servicing
5. Links to other websites
6. Who we share Data with
- Symbo controlled affiliates and subsidiaries and other entities within the Symbo group of companies, to assist them to reach out to you in relation to their programs or campaigns (including marketing and sales) and to process your query/ requests (such as job application);
- our employees, vendors, agents and professional advisors working on our behalf for the purposes described in this policy statement; and
- service-providers who assist in protecting and securing our systems and provide services to us which require the processing of personal data, such as to host your information or to process your information for data profiling and user analysis.
(a) You request or authorize us to do so;
(b) We need to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process; or
(c) We need to operate and maintain the security of this website, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
7. Right In Relation To Personal Information
(i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or
(ii) that we modify, update or delete such information.
8. Retention of Personal Data
9. Legal and compliance
- Protection of your rights, our employees, users of our site, and the general public
- Verification of your identity and eligibility for the use and access of this Website and our services
- Undertaking the requisite checks on users in adherence with Symbo’s Anti-Money Laundering/ Countering the Financing of Terrorism policy, Symbo’s Client Onboarding policy, and compliance with the applicable regulations
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulatory obligations, proceedings, court orders and inquiries from any law enforcement or regulatory agencies
- To process claims that breach any relevant third-party laws
- Where required for use in legal proceedings
11. Security of Personal Data
13. Changes To This Privacy Statement
14. Contact Details
Symbo Southasia Enterprises Private Limited
D 207 Times Square, Near Marol Metro Station, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400059